August 23, 2014

Social Media and Customer Loyalty: Video Thoughts

links, card

When I was at Blogworld Expo in September, I had the opportunity to speak to several influential marketers and bloggers.  Seeing that I had my new trusty Flip Mino Video Camerawith me, I asked some of them if I could record their response to this simple question:

How can social media help a company with customer loyalty?”

I have four short videos of these marketers, and I will share one each day this week.  As I am away at the MarketingProfs Digitial Mixer, hopefully I will have one more to share with you by Friday as I talk to even more smart marketers!

First up: Jim Kukral, video marketer extraordinaire. Watch the video below for his take on customer focus.  Be sure to leave a comment and tell me what you think! Do you agree with Jim?  Do you like these types of videos?  Let me know.

Jim Kukral on social media and customer loyalty

Comments

1. Eric Brown says:

Hi Becky
    There are so many subtle ways in which Social Media help to reinforce and create great customer experiences One of our residents made and posted a video to our Social Network Site, the UrbaneLobby.com, of just them grilling out. Seems kind of silly, but prospects view those and see examples of residents having fun. These types of customer engagements are far and away more effective at promoting our product offerings than any traditional marketing campaign.

2. Glenn says:

Well said, Jim.

3. Becky Carroll says:

I agree, Glenn! Thanks for adding your thoughts, too. :)

4. Joseph Young says:

Becky, I think the video with Jim was great! I like his focus on the customer’s “pain” and I think that really is the differentiation in our current macroeconomic downturn.

5. Graham Brown says:

The whole area of social media and customer loyalty is an interesting one. Most marketers are not geared to measure loyalty, churn, lifetime value, net promoter score etc because the received wisdom finds comfort in the traditional modus operandus – ie cost per, direct marketing etc. Slowly but surely things will change for the better and we’ll see a more organic approach to marketing that starts with the investors realizing the value of the right metrics rather than placing all bets on ARPU and market share.

6. Becky Carroll says:

Joseph, glad you liked the video with Jim; he is indeed very customer-minded!

Graham, I would love to see marketing measurement change! Old-school metrics are not measuring all the right things, especially when it comes to customer focus. Thanks for chiming in!

7. Pick and choose from these activities based on your students’ needs and
    interests. The fourth and final Step is to order said case
    and eagerly await its arrival at your doorstep. Now, don’t be lulled into a sense of laziness just because your your awesomeness, you still need to protect
    your baby, your precious, your gift. Fight your way out of the
    ambush and then take the crate back to Mayes.
    Your target is to just kill Dead Sea inside the main barracks.
    We work tediously every other day 24×7 throughout the year.
    Other folks have ventured into satisfying relationships at work
    and at home. Core values are designed to make us better employees and better
    persons. For kids that show a big interest in cooking,
    sending them to an overnight camp or day camp that involves cooking is a great
    idea. Whether you choose a boot camp for a week or 20
    days, they help to improve the well-being of the children.

Trackbacks

1. [...] How can social media help with customer loyalty? Becky Carroll over at Customers Rock! begins a brief series this week, with quickie videos (at this link – a video from Jim Kukral). Anything Becky produces is worth your attention. [...]