In the spirit of Customers Rock!, I want to take a moment and say THANK YOU to all of you who have contributed in some way over the past 2 years. I am very excited to be celebrating this milestone with all of you! This past year has been an exciting one for me and for the blog. Let’s take a quick look at what has been going on before we start the party!
Customers Rock! Blog Year in Review
- To date, I have written 270 blog posts (including this one) with 1565 comments – woo hoo!
- I moved my blog to my own domain, CustomersRock.net (with the help of Joel – thanks!)
- I did quite a bit of speaking, both locally as well as at great events such at BlogWorld and Marketing Profs Digital Mixer. I got a chance to meet (and video) quite a few wonderful bloggers as well, so thank you to all!
- Jay Ehret and I started the Re-Experiencing Starbucks project to chronicle the change agenda from Howard Schultz to see how it impacted the customer experience. (Note – while those postings have slowed down, at least on my end, expect to see a nice year-end wrap on this soon.)
- I once again participated in the infamous Bathroom Blogfest to discuss how the customer experience extends even into forgotten places!
- I started teaching the UC San Diego class Marketing via New Media; this has been really fun! I also started a blog to chronicle my journey there Teaching Social Media. The blogs of the students are there, too.
- I joined Brickfish as their Director of Social Media. Brickfish helps major brands connect with their customers via the social web and turbo-charges word of mouth from brand evangelists. Plus, you can watch it all live on their Viral Map (this is an example from a current campaign with Microsoft “I’m a PC”). Very cool!
The Biggest News
The biggest news of all is YOU, my Customers Rock! readers. I have enjoyed talking with you over the past two years, and I am looking forward to many more conversations in the years to come! I really want to thank each and every one of you, but I only really know who you are when you leave me a comment.
So – I created a list of my commenters, in chronological order, from the first day of my blog up until now. I have linked to your blog/website if you left me one. It was great fun to look back at all of those who have turned Customers Rock! into a two-way conversation and to see how many I am still active with two years later!
This list of commenters also makes for a great read for the upcoming holidays of some very worthy blogs (those in my feed reader are marked with an asterisk *)! This is my gift to all of you this year.
Thank you again for your continued support. You all rock!
(Photo credit: antony84)
Commenters on Customers Rock! (and also a great blog reading list!!)
* Mack Collier (Thank you for being my first commenter, Mack!)
* Gavin Heaton (Thank you for being my first international commenter, Gavin!)
* Rosa Say
Maureen Valdes Marsh
* BJ Cook
* Nicoletta Staccioli (one of my students!)